BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

Norwich or Palace this lad will fail in the prem, he’s got the pace but any defender worth his salt will mark him out of the game. In my humble opinion.

Plus he’ll not get away with his shoot on sight policy even if he’s 30 yards away in the prem. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Norwich or Palace this lad will fail in the prem, he’s got the pace but any defender worth his salt will mark him out of the game. In my humble opinion.

Plus he’ll not get away with his shoot on sight policy even if he’s 30 yards away in the prem. 

He's not got PL pace.

You saw Championship FBs have him in their back pocket. PL CBs are much much more athletic than what you find down here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's not got PL pace.

You saw Championship FBs have him in their back pocket. PL CBs are much much more athletic than what you find down here.

he does remind me a lot of a young kevin philips, but the prems changed a lot since Phillips day (and not for the better sadly, unless namby pamby zero contact and tactically dull football is your thing🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, LDRover said:

Never a Premiership standard player, the lad is a head down merchant with low footballing intelligence.

Any manager shelling out 10 million plus needs their bumps feeling.

Sorry LD, but you don't score almost 30 goals in the championship with low footballing intelligence, whatever that means.

Is he as good as Josh King? 

Josh King robbed a living here, refused to play, but made a decent fist of it at Bournemouth when he took his head out from up his own backside, pace and an eye for goal. 

Be interesting to see how he progresses, I think he'll do ok, I just wish he'd sod off and allow us to crack on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Be interesting to see how he progresses, I think he'll do ok, I just wish he'd sod off and allow us to crack on

I have reservations about his ability at the top level bit I agree a move needs sorting asap so we can move forward

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Sorry LD, but you don't score almost 30 goals in the championship with low footballing intelligence, whatever that means.

Is he as good as Josh King? 

Josh King robbed a living here, refused to play, but made a decent fist of it at Bournemouth when he took his head out from up his own backside, pace and an eye for goal. 

Be interesting to see how he progresses, I think he'll do ok, I just wish he'd sod off and allow us to crack on.

Whilst King's injury record wasn't great, I too would be demotivated by being understudy to Chris Brown, with occasional starts out of position on the wing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Whilst King's injury record wasn't great, I too would be demotivated by being understudy to Chris Brown, with occasional starts out of position on the wing.

And an underperforming Chris Brown at that.

• Like 1

Armstrong is 100% Premier League quality, hence why Premier League clubs with Premier League scouting networks are willing to spend tens of millions of pounds on him. People said that he wouldn’t be Championship quality when we made his loan move permanent, they were wrong.

His CV is incredible for a 24 year old, if he’s a Championship player who’s not Premier League quality then no Championship player is Premier League quality. 

Good luck to him, I really hope he does well.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Armstrong is 100% Premier League quality, hence why Premier League clubs with Premier League scouting networks are willing to spend tens of millions of pounds on him. People said that he wouldn’t be Championship quality when we made his loan move permanent, they were wrong.

His CV is incredible for a 24 year old, if he’s a Championship player who’s not Premier League quality then no Championship player is Premier League quality. 

To be fair, you could have said that about Rhodes - with his terrific CV. Sure, PL clubs will look to players who have done well in the Championship, but it is always a gamble. Not all players that shine in this division are able to make the step up. It would be the same us buying top performing L1 players. Some make the cut, others don't.

Hope he does go on to become a top player in that division, but I can see why some doubt that happening. 

29 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I think he will be a success in the Premier league and deserves a move up but don't see how he has an incredible CV?24 isn't that young either especially for a player whose pace is one of his biggest assets

32 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If it was as simple as that, there would never have been a bad signing in the Premier league. 

I think Armstrong will do well and score goals at that level. How many remains to be seen. From his time here i think he has an attitude , sulky demeneur and was overly greedy. That type of thing won't fly at that level. He will be expected to put the ball in the net and that's what he will live and die by.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just out of curiosity, Championship top-2 goalscorers over the last few season. Premier League quality or not?

• Ivan Toney  - ?
  • Adam Armstrong - ?
  • Aleksander Mitrovic - YES
  • Ollie Watkins - YES
  • Teemu Pukki - Unsure although he did score 11 goals in the season he played in the Premier League for a struggling side so probably a yes.
  • Tammy Abraham - YES
  • Matej Vydra - NO
  • Lewis Grabban - NO
  • Chris Wood - YES
  • Andre Gray - PROBABLY NOT
  • Ross McCormack - NO
  • Daryl Murphy - NO
  • Troy Deeney - YES (just)
  • Jordan Rhodes - NO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

You'd have thought a £1m+ 3year contract would have been motivation enough to get him off the treatment table, sadly he's just another example of a modern day millionaire footballer that played the system, rather than fancied playing on a Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I am shocked at the level of a lack of respect for Armstrong. He came, he improved himself and us as a team and has scored some great goals for us. He has done all that could be asked of him and yet there is an element of hatred towards him because he is being coveted by Premier League clubs. How very sad.

Who "hates" him?

Seen a few suggest he's not good enough for the prem or not worth £20m etc, haven't seen a bit of hatred though.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Just out of curiosity, Championship top-2 goalscorers over the last few season. Premier League quality or not?

• Ivan Toney  - ?
  • Adam Armstrong - ?
  • Aleksander Mitrovic - YES
  • Ollie Watkins - YES
  • Teemu Pukki - Unsure although he did score 11 goals in the season he played in the Premier League for a struggling side so probably a yes.
  • Tammy Abraham - YES
  • Matej Vydra - NO
  • Lewis Grabban - NO
  • Chris Wood - YES
  • Andre Gray - PROBABLY NOT
  • Ross McCormack - NO
  • Daryl Murphy - NO
  • Troy Deeney - YES (just)
  • Jordan Rhodes - NO

Not sure about this one - he always seems to flop in the prem and then bang them in when he's back at championship level

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

And an underperforming Chris Brown at that.

Underperforming??  Chris Brown holds a record at the Rovers that will probably never ever be beaten..........a CF who has played the most minutes without scoring a single goal.

Now that's a record of underperformance.🤢

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Who "hates" him?

Seen a few suggest he's not good enough for the prem or not worth £20m etc, haven't seen a bit of hatred though.

Hatred comes in different forms, some posts on here have certainly reflected nothing but negativity towards him which is very sad as at this time he remains a Rovers player