BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Dolan #10, oooohhhhhkay...

Yeah the numbering system annoys me - Travis at 27 etc. Maybe I'm pedantic, but when I occasionally play Football Manager I have 1-11 as the starting squad and 12-24 as the backups.

Granted I'm also someone that thinks NFL WRs should have numbers in the 80s (niche reference I know), so maybe I'm just behind the times. 

• Like 2

3. Pickering: Never played at Championship level.

5. Ayala: Never plays.

6. Davenport: 25 appearances in 3 years and <5 starts. 

10. Dolan: 1 year as a professional, 12 career starts.

11. Rankin-Costello: 25 championship appearances.

You can argue that Dack, Travis, Brereton-Diaz and Lenihan (all in the 20's) are part of our "Best XI", but  seeing the players listed above filling up the 1-11 squad numbers is certainly bleak.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The journey... 

20 outfield players 4 goalkeepers.

1 soon to leave, 2 long term injuries, 3 injury prone (and currently injured).

Can't blame Venky's for that.

All Mowbray.

Screenshot_20210805-210723_Facebook.jpg

holy **** that really brings it home how weak our squad is,as a betting man 9/1 for relegation is massive value,i figure they owe me something for the last 10 years,so im`e whacking some money on it

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's quite a large fraction of income, especially in seasons with no major 1st team sales. The team with just shy of 24,000 bums on seats is always going to have a better Wages/Turnover % than the team with 8,000/9,000 bums on seats.

There's other factors, such as big wages in Assombalonga & Fletcher off the books this summer. But in general, the teams with the biggest crowds are the ones with the most wiggle room.

If and when Armstrong goes for a decent sized fee, next summer, we'll have some more wiggle room. And whenever there's been wiggle room, the Venky's have spent, more or less.

I agree with all of us - until that final paragraph. If that is true…

Explain why they’re actively trying to sell Brockhall Village

Explain why Ewood Park is covered in rust

Explain why the ticket shop has 1 member of staff working in it

Explain why the Rovers store is understaffed 

Explain why the club programme has been stopped

Because none of these have any effect on FFP and they’re all happening. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It might be a tough year. Only positive I can think is we will see some of the academy players. Some might surprise. 

Literally might be it.

Last relegation we suffered with Wes Brown, Gordon Greer, Hope Akpan, Danny Guthrie, Jack Byrne, Elliott Ward, Jason Steele, Stephen Hendrie, Liam Feeney, Marten Samuelsen, Anthony Stokes and Emnes/Joao/Gallagher on loan. Plus the likes of Williams, Lowe, Evans and Bennett. Can also include Mulgrew and Graham for most of that season.

At least we aren't drenched with that amount, or level of deadwood... besides Ayala and Johnson the entire squad is younger than 30. 

Problem: We know Mowbray will use his 5 loans. I mean, why play your own, when you can pay for, develop and play the "Big Six's" instead?.

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

holy **** that really brings it home how weak our squad is,as a betting man 9/1 for relegation is massive value,i figure they owe me something for the last 10 years,so im`e whacking some money on it

I don't think there are any 9/1 anymore? Most I can see is 8/1. Which is still shockingly generous.

I struggle to understand why the bookies aren't cottoning on to how much danger we are in. I can only think they know something we don't, or there are so many FB idiots lumping on us for top six (6/1 for that on the site I looked at, bizarrely) that they figure it'll even out.

Some bookies are figuring it out a bit, noticed some dropping odds. Lowest I can see is 6/1 though for relegation.

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

I agree with all of us - until that final paragraph. If that is true…

Explain why they’re actively trying to sell Brockhall Village

Explain why Ewood Park is covered in rust

Explain why the ticket shop has 1 member of staff working in it

Explain why the Rovers store is understaffed 

Explain why the club programme has been stopped

Because none of these have any effect on FFP and they’re all happening. 

I doubt other than the training ground sale that the Venkys have any idea that the Rovers store is understaffed and the club programme has been stopped and they certainly don’t know about any rust around the ground. Waggott and co are supposed to be running the club for them and they are as much use as a chocolate fire guard. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think that, on the assumptions based on Mowbrays interview, that Armstrong goes, we sign 5 kids with minimal first team experience on loan and no permanent signings or further experience, that we would stay up?

Yes. I'd be more than happy to do a little charity wager that Rovers won't go down, with or without Adam Armstrong.

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

I doubt other than the training ground sale that the Venkys have any idea that the Rovers store is understaffed and the club programme has been stopped and they certainly don’t know about any rust around the ground. Waggott and co are supposed to be running the club for them and they are as much use as a chocolate fire guard. 

If it was just FFP related cost cutting they could blame COVID or FFP rules. But it’s not. They’re not spending on the things that have no effect on FFP. It’s large scale cut backs across the board whilst trying to raise capital by selling assets, whether that’s strikers or training grounds. 

Bad news coming I reckon. 

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, a disgrace.  The lad isn't even a proper professional,  nice lad but fecking limited to death as a player.  Shocking

Not sure if this is some kind of joke or not.

The lad scored three and got two assists last year. Showed flashes of brilliance in the first half of last year. Shockingly his form dipped after his best mate committed suicide.

got him on a free and he has just turned 19 so I’m sure his limited game can be improved.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, a disgrace.  The lad isn't even a proper professional,  nice lad but fecking limited to death as a player.  Shocking

Do you dislike Dolan or Buckley more? Could be the most exciting thing about this season! 😉

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Herbie, on the first point, Venkeys have been converting loans into capital. These are not IOU’s they are in fact investments that are not reclaimed. Rather what ever Venkeys sell the club for they would be written off as part of a take over.

On your second point I work for an Indian multinational and they are past masters of maximising their tax position. Do you think that Waggott or Cheston would have any say in the finances of the company? I don’t think so. The Swiss banks have untold riches of Indian families that have been hidden from tax authorities, so cash is never an issue, it’s how it’s recorded in the companies accounts.

It was a simplistic analogy.
You agree that writing off the debt is window dressing though yeah ? Redeeming share capital only comes from a sale of the club, loans however are potentially repayable from working capital.
As we all know that’s theoretical; whether it’s shares or loans, the only way they get their cash back is Rovers somehow generating Champions League size revenue streams.

Re the 2nd point - do you envisage Waggott is capable of suggesting some innovative way of optimising our parent’s global status ? He set up a European scouting network post-Brexit, this ain’t Einstein we’re dealing with.

• Like 1

Of all the overpaid dossers we've had on the payroll and some of the crocks we still retain it's a bit odd to have a pop at Dolan.

He's the absolute least of our worries and if he slides away it doesn't really matter it was no real gamble.  I don't think he will though i think he'll just be one of those players whose form fluctuates wildly.

• Like 2