BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

2 minutes ago, rover1988 said:

Is this correct? I can't see an option to buy it on there. Is that not just for overseas fans? 

Seems like most games that aren't in the 3-5pm Saturday blackout time will be available to buy online.

Not sure why it isn't on the red button, but it looks like the next few midweek games are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

Would be nice if Diaz put a MoM display on here to ram it down the forest throats, but sadly see us losing this by the odd goal. That's said I've so far gone draw, win, loss in the first 3 games(inc Morecambe) so predicted none right. 

I've had them all correct so believe me when I say Forest 1 Rovers 2

🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 15:20, roversfan99 said:

If Clarkson signs, I would give him a debut instead of Buckley with Rothwell being allowed to play further forward than on Saturday.

I would also play Gallagher central, with Dolan dropped and perhaps Butterworth (or Chapman) coming in down one of the sides. The other 9 players being the same.

Depends if Mowbray dare risk Ayala.  If he does no need to Chuck the lad in from the start.  If he saves Ayala then he needs to start him as he appears to be first class at protecting the central defenders.

However I am trying to second guess Mowbray which is beyond the talents of Jesus Christ let alone me.

• Like 1

tony been waffling about knocks and injuries so i suspect it will be a defensive set up tommorow night,carter should start after his impressive performance against millwall,if he can stand up those lot he should be a regular starter imo,it`s never ever going to happen but id`e pair him with ayala and put lenihan in as a holding midfielder,he is a midfielder by trade

Forest confidence can't be great after a dodgy start to the season.this is where TM should be sending the team out and telling them to get stuck in early get an early goal and hopefully they'll be even more nervous and we can kick on from there,saying all that i think it'll be a 2-2 draw.

Kaminski

Nyambe.    Lenihan.   Ayala.   Pickering

Buckley   Travis.   Rothwell

Butterworth.   Gallagher.  Brereton

Subs :.  Pears, Carter, Clarkson, Davenport, Garrett, Dolan, McBride

If it's not working Carter can come on and we switch to a 343.

It's not a bad first XI, but we are so thin at full back, centreback, the whole forward line. We're doing okay at the moment, but a few injuries or a loss of form and we are in real trouble. 9 games from now till October. If we lose to injury any of Kaminski, Lenihan, Ayala, Nyambe, Pickering, Travis, Rothwell, Buckley, Brereton, Gallagher it will be very tough to manage.

Playing us at home is the ideal fixture for Forest to get their season up and running. They've had two tricky fixtures so far - away at Coventry first game back at the Ricoh and a last gasp defeat and then home to a decent looking Bournemouth side.

Hughton's football gets its critics when results aren't good but he knows what he is doing and will sort them out. 

I can't see anything but a defeat. I think we will struggle to create much there and though we will have a decent amount of the ball and threaten at times they will deal with us reasonably comfortably.

I was wrong about Millwall because I thought they would take the lead and we would fail to get back into it, but I'll make that prediction again here. This time I think they will go ahead quite early on in the game and from there it will be a frustrating evening with us falling to a 1 or 2 goal margin defeat.

As with Millwall I would also shake hands on a draw from this one. Not because I think we should  be going away and setting our ambitions at a draw but just because I simply can't see Mowbray masterminding a win and given the state we are in I think every point is going to be precious.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

I thought this was on the red button. Seems our next red button game is against Huddersfield. Ive looked on the Rovers TV and cant see anything for Forest. So tomorrow nearer the time id appreciate someone talking me through how to watch the game like an idiot if someone doesnt mind 🥴

Tough one this and could go either way. I think we're quite evenly matched and it's going to take perhaps a moment or 2 of individual brilliance to win it. It would be great if the newly found confidence of Mr Diaz prevailed again and he banged a goal in on his old stomping ground.

Not sure what we do at centre half, the ultra cautious Mowbray approach surrounding Ayala makes me think he'll bench him tonight ahead of the weekend. Very frustrating really but I'd rather him sit out 1 game than 8 games on the sideline through injury. 

I'm gonna go for a 2-1 away win.

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought this was on the red button. Seems our next red button game is against Huddersfield. Ive looked on the Rovers TV and cant see anything for Forest. So tomorrow nearer the time id appreciate someone talking me through how to watch the game like an idiot if someone doesnt mind 🥴

I have been having a few issues on the Rovers website especially trying to order a Forest ticket .however i found the option on Rovers Tv by going on the Rovers website (rovers tv )  and under matches the it should show you the next live game forest v rovers then hit match centre that should give you a link for upgrading your streaming subscriptions and then you will have 3 options first option is for the match pass for £10 .Hope this helps as it was the way i found it 

Think Ayala will play - early points are important and TM will count on a loan and Wharton coming back later on.

Expect Forest to be fired up but could suit us provided we play counter-attacking football. Dolan must play central in this One and do exactly what he did against Swansea. Long balls to Gallagher or into the channels with Rothwell or Buckley switching it up with midfield runs and playing BBD/Dolan in behind.

That said - think we will lose 1-2 but not sure why...

Hughton always beats us. Can’t see that changing today as this is just a typical game that Blackburn lose. 7 points from 3 would be our best start to a season in probably over a decade - hence why we’ll probably lose and end up with an average 4. On top of that Forest will be desperate for a win with them currently sitting on 0 points - they’ll be up for it and I don’t see us matching that. 

Would love to see BigBen take the game by the scruff of the neck and show his old team what they are missing. Him turning up is key to us having any chance in this game as he’s our only player, other than Rothwell, that can truly be relied on to make something happen in the final third. 

Anyone know what our following for this game is?

Edited by TruRover

As mentioned, Hughton's managerial record is spectacularly good against us, he certainly had the number of Mowbray last season, too. Beat us 1-0 at Ewood, beat us 1-0 at the City Ground. I'd take a 0-0 bore draw here (and Forest HAVE been finding scoring difficult) but the obvious bet for this game has to be...

Forest 1 Rovers 0

Edited by TheRoversReturn