BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I totally get it as we all know that Mowbray needs to go and we want some hope but clinging onto the perceived ambiguity of a tweet of a commonly criticised journalist who was saying that the managers job is safe is sadly beyond clutching at straws and only setting us up for disappointment.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Personally choosing to believe that Mowbray will be gone in a few weeks (delayed by Covid concerns in India pushing Rovers down Venkys priority list) and a new manager is waiting for the mutual consent announcement to spring into action.

Hopefully one of Wilder, Howe or Ainsworth, but would equally love a proper back to basics dinosaur like Hughesy (as long as it ain't bloody Pulis).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tina said:

Bloody hell Ulrich. I'm a teacher and steal eggs all the time. Those hens get upset though

But that's like robbing a child from it's mother 🐓🐣 not even I'm that brutal hehe.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Personally choosing to believe that Mowbray will be gone in a few weeks (delayed by Covid concerns in India pushing Rovers down Venkys priority list) and a new manager is waiting for the mutual consent announcement to spring into action.

Hopefully one of Wilder, Howe or Ainsworth, but would equally love a proper back to basics dinosaur like Hughesy (as long as it ain't bloody Pulis).

Hughes isn't a dinosaur. He was on the bleeding edge when he managed us. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Mike Mike Mike....dont do this to yourself 

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Why on earth do you believe that?

He's defo staying.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Why on earth do you believe that?

He's defo staying.

Because if I choose to believe he's staying I'll start losing interest in the club.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Mike E said:

Mike's happy place!

• Like 1

Anybody else check this forum/twitter/ let a hundred times a day hoping for positive news. The thought of watching the slow ineffective boring football we witnessed 2nd half of last season fills me with dread. Was hoping by the time I took the kids back to Ewood that they wouldn't be traumatized and bored half to death. Sadly it's looking like Bulletproof Tony and the cronies will be here until the end.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Bluerover78 said:

Anybody else check this forum/twitter/ let a hundred times a day hoping for positive news. The thought of watching the slow ineffective boring football we witnessed 2nd half of last season fills me with dread. Was hoping by the time I took the kids back to Ewood that they wouldn't be traumatized and bored half to death. Sadly it's looking like Bulletproof Tony and the cronies will be here until the end.

We haven’t had much positive news as a Rovers fans over the last 10 years.

I wouldnt be getting your hopes up.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Mike E said:

Like me you're full of hope. Rovers close season is exactly that and those making decisions are on the beach.

Howe won't come north.

Edited by Cherry Blue

3 hours ago, Bluerover78 said:

Nope

3 hours ago, Bluerover78 said:

Would have done that for Kean. I wouldn't recommend it 😂 definetely not in this instance 

Optimists, get over it. It's getting embarrassing the way some of you are trying to decipher some shitty tweets. It's over...he'd have gone by now if he was leaving. We all know it deep down. Mowbray's here next season. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Twas ever thus. Don't torture yourselves. 

Oh...and do you know how many ITK posters there are on BRFCS.com? Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Why? Because Venky's Rovers ain't a normal club and never has been...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Why? Because Venky's Rovers ain't a normal club and never has been...

I'd beg to differ - we were a normal club when we had a conventional management set up, and a footballing side that punched above its weight, rather than this bunch of weirdos who consistently belie their status as professionals (and I include the management as well as the players in that).

We can (and should) be 'normal' again, but it is going to take the departure of the headless faceless chicken chokers to precipitate any major change from our 'new normal' (the backwards facing / upside down mentality that has ruined our club for many of us long suffering supporters).

Bring on the revolution!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
I'm big, I'm fat, but I'm no gurning Two-hat
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I'd beg to differ - we were a normal club when we had a conventional management set up, and a footballing side that punched above its weight, rather than this bunch of weirdos who consistently belie their status as professionals (and I include the management as well as the players in that).

Wasn't his point about the club never being normal since Venky's arrived?

• Like 6